- Override or set the Name and Tag for Container Images
It may be useful to define the tags or digests of container images which are used across many Workloads.
Container image tags and digests are used to refer to a specific version or instance of a container
image - e.g. for the
nginx container image you might use the tag
- Update the container image name or tag for multiple Workloads at once
- Increase visibility of the versions of container images being used within the project
- Set the image tag from external sources - such as environment variables
- Copy or Fork an existing Project and change the Image Tag for a container
- Change the registry used for an image
Consider the following
# deployment.yaml apiVersion: apps/v1 kind: Deployment metadata: name: the-deployment spec: template: spec: containers: - name: mypostgresdb image: postgres:8 - name: nginxapp image: nginx:1.7.9 - name: myapp image: my-demo-app:latest - name: alpine-app image: alpine:3.7
image tag under
containers specified the image that has to be pulled from the container registry.
Some of things that can be done with images:
- Setting a Name
- Setting a Tag
- Setting a Digest
- Setting a Tag from the latest commit SHA
- Setting a Tag from an Environment Variable
Command / ExamplesCheck out the reference for commands and examples for
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.