How to contribute features
Following is the process for proposing a new Kustomize feature:
- Check the eschewed feature list to see if the feature has already been proposed
- File an issue describing the desired feature
- label it kind/feature
- the motivation for the feature
- example of how you would accomplish the motivating task without the feature
- example of how you would accomplish the motivating task with the feature
- Email the sig-cli mailing list with the issue
- Present the issue at sig-cli bi-weekly meeting on Zoom
- add it to the meeting agenda doc
- be present to discuss the feature
- response may be – move forward with a PoC, not to move forward, defer and come back later, or more information is needed.
- Address the feedback on the issue
- Possibly write a KEP for tracking the feature
- Implement the feature and send a PR
- Add table-driven tests
- Expect comments on the PR within 2 weeks
- Kustomize team will release the kustomize
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.
最后修改 2020年11月11日: add `zh` dir (6ace8d4)